At the base of any healthy life is a great diet. This mouth-watering vegan pesto provides all the health benefits with an amazing taste. Who says you can’t have your pesto and eat it too?
A mouth watering vegan pesto
- 1 lb Eggplant prick it all over with a fork
- 2 tbsp Tahini
- 1/4 cup Almonds Lightly Roasted
- 1/4 tsp Mustard Seed
- 1 Onion
- 1/2 tsp Garlic Powder
- 2 tbsp Fresh Squeezed lemon juice
- 1/4 tsp Cayenne Pepper
- 2 tbsp Fresh Cilantro Leaves
- 2 tbsp Nutritional Yeast
- 4 medium Sun-dried Tomatoes in oil
- 1 tbsp Oil from Sun-dried Tomatoes
- Start by preheating your oven to 420F degrees.
- Place your eggplant on a parchment-lined baking pan.1 lb Eggplant
- Bake the eggplant for about 45 minutes until cooked through and completely collapsed.1 lb Eggplant
- Remove it from the oven; Set aside to cool1 lb Eggplant
- Once the eggplant is completely cool, scoop out the flesh using a spoon.Add the flesh to a bowl of your food processor.1 lb Eggplant
- Add the other ingredients and blend until a coarse puréeis formed.2 tbsp Tahini, 1/4 cup Almonds
You can also cook your eggplant in an Air Fryer. Cut the eggplant into slices and bake them in the preheated Air Fryer at 400 degrees F for about 30 minutes To toast almonds, add them to a preheated frying pan. Toast the almonds for about 2 minutes, stirring continuously. If you do not have a high-speed blender, ground the almonds before adding the other ingredients.